What Are The Advantages Of Copper-Core Cables Over Aluminum-Core Cables
Difference Between Copper Core Cable and Aluminum Core Cable
1. low resistivity: the resistivity of aluminum-core cables is about 1.68 times that of copper-core cables.
2. Good ductility: the ductility of copper alloy is 20 to 40%, electrical copper is more than 30%, and aluminum alloy is only 18%.
3. High strength: the permissible stress of copper at room temperature is 7-28% higher than that of aluminum. Especially the high-temperature stress, the difference between the two is very far.
4. Fatigue resistance: Aluminum is easy to break after repeated bending, while copper is not. In the elasticity index, copper is also higher than aluminum about 1.7 to 1.8 times.
5. good stability and corrosion resistance: the copper core is resistant to oxidation and corrosion, and the aluminum core is easy to oxidation and corrosion resistance.
6. Large current-carrying capacity: due to low resistivity, the same cross-section of copper-core cable allowable current-carrying capacity (the maximum current that can be passed) than aluminum-core cable is about 30% higher.
7. low voltage loss: due to the low resistivity of copper-core cable, when the same current flows through the same cross-section. Copper-core cable has a small voltage drop. The same transmission distance can ensure high voltage quality; in the case of allowable voltage drop, the transmission of copper-core cables can reach long distances, that is, the power supply covers a large area, which is conducive to network planning and reduces the number of power supply points.
8. Low heat generation temperature: Under the same current, the heat generation capacity of copper-core cable with the same cross-section is much smaller than that of aluminum-core cable, which makes the operation safer.
9. low energy consumption: due to the low resistivity of copper, compared with aluminum cables, copper cables have low power loss, which is obvious. It is conducive to improving the utilization rate of power generation and protecting the environment.
10. Anti-oxidation and corrosion resistance: The connector of the copper-core cable is stable and will not cause accidents due to oxidation. The connectors of aluminum-core cables are unstable, and accidents often occur due to increased contact resistance and oxidation heating. Therefore, the accident rate is much higher than that of copper-core cables.
11. convenient construction: copper core flexibility, allowing a small bending radius, easy to turn and threading; copper core fatigue resistance, repeated bending is not easy to break, convenient wiring; copper core mechanical strength, can withstand large mechanical tension, not only to the construction of the laying brings great convenience, but also to create the conditions for mechanized construction.
About ZMS Cable
ZMS CABLE GROUP, as a professional manufacturer and supplier of cable & wire with great experience in cable industry field.
Our Cable business evolves over 90 countries, achieves high performance, average sales revenue of $300 million per year, also trains over 60 sales elites.
ZMS Cable have a wide product scope, includes: Power cables up to 500kV, AAC, AAAC, ACSR conductors, ABC Cable, electric wires, instrument cable, telecommunications cable, Stay wires.
With advanced manufacture technology, rich human resource and effective management system.
We guarantee all products are manufactured strictly in accordance with GB, IEC, BS, NFC, ASTM, DIN standards, etc.
Beyond quality control, ZMS have been trying its best to offer much higher standard of services rather than expected.